EP 6: The Thing That Stores the Stuff on My iPhone: Understanding the 'Cloud' (2 of 2)
This is Part 2 and the wrap-up of the question - What is the cloud? We recap what was talked about in last weeks episode as well as try to give a very high-level overview of what cloud services can do for us in our everyday technology exchanges.
In this episode we discuss:
- - The 3 types of cloud platforms (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS)
- - How pieces of cloud services can fit into each of those platforms
- - Scalability and Productivity
- - Arguments against cloud computing
- - How to secure and have backups of your data in the cloud
- - and tips on how to create and use secure passwords
There are countless cloud apps and software services you can use. Getting a grasp on the right ones for what you need can be difficult. So much so that you may never know where to start. If you want some short and simple tips to help you become more familiar with technology please join our newsletter and you will receive a short email every Tuesday with some quick tips you can take action on immediately.
If you can't wait that long contact us here and we can get started right away answering your questions.
For show notes and videos about this weeks episode or to request future topics please visit https://technicallylivingpodcast.com
Receive episode notes, links to resources mentioned and exclusive information not mentioned in episodes by joining The Technically Living Newsletter.